When do I benefit from coaching?
The question of the added value of coaching should be asked by every potential coaching client before signing a coaching agreement. Appropriate preparation by the customer is recommended. Below are a few helpful questions and points of reference that can provide an assessment of the added value of coaching.
Can you answer the following questions with YES? Then coaching may be a valuable option that should be considered:
- Do you want to invest in yourself?
- Do you seek and appreciate feedback?
- Do you want to change your daily routine?
- Do you think something has to change?
- You want to take better care of yourself?
- Are you open to learning new skills?
- Are you looking for new challenges?
- Are you in a transitional phase?
- Is your life, your business, your career good, but you want it to get much better?
8 signs that coaching can be useful for you
- Work stress, work overload
- conflicting work demands
- Lack of sufficient support
- Conflict of values between you and your organisation
- work with high emotional intensity
- imbalance between work and private life
- limited promotion opportunities
- Need for a refresher/re-qualification
6 signs that coaching is NOT suitable for you:
- Seek Validation
- need advice
- search for an expert opinion/view
- need someone to solve a problem for you
- suffer from depression
- need crisis intervention